Experienced DuPage County Repeat and Felony DUI Attorneys
In Illinois, prosecutors take repeat and felony DUIs very seriously and prosecute them zealously. A conviction for these offenses can spell serious jail time, lengthy driver’s license revocations and other consequences. At Ramsell & Kunowski, L.L.C., our attorneys have decades of experience representing clients charged with repeat and felony DUIs. We are among the top DUI defense firms in the state and have a long track record of obtaining case dismissals, acquittals, and reduced charges and sentences for our clients.
What Makes a DUI a Felony?
There are several things that can elevate a DUI charge to the level of a felony. They include:
- Having 2 or more prior offenses within 20 years
- Having a passenger under the age of 16 in the car at the time of the arrest
- Driving on a suspended or revoked license
- Driving without a license or insurance
- Driving a school bus with passengers under the age of 18
- Driving in a school zone with accident causing bodily harm
- Getting in an accident resulting in great bodily harm, permanent disability or disfigurement
- Getting in an accident resulting in death
Besides jail time and revocation of driving privileges, a felony conviction on your record can have serious negative consequences for the rest of your life. Wherever possible, our attorneys seek to preserve your criminal record and maintain your ability to drive to the greatest extent possible. We are familiar with all types of DUI defense strategies and use our knowledge and experience to benefit our clients.
If you are charged with a repeat DUI or felony DUI, contact us to schedule a free case evaluation. We understand the seriousness of these charges and will fight to protect your rights and freedom. From our office in Wheaton, Illinois, we work with clients throughout DuPage County including Wheaton, Carol Stream, Naperville, Glen Ellyn and the surrounding areas.